HARDWARE & TECHNICAL
16. What are the mounting options for the pendant fixtures?
The lights on this website are sold with a standard cable, with color and finish as shown in the product pictures.
The cable length, unless otherwise specified, is 150cm (60 inches). The canopy supplied is a standard canopy with a diameter of approximately 6 inches and a height of approximately 1 inch, white in color.
At the customer's request we can perform the following product customizations:
- Mount different canopies, even thinner and with a more accurate and modern design.
- Customize the color of the cable and the lining material: cloth or metal.
- Prepare the cable length to suit the needs of your interior.
This single pendant customization and preparation has an extra cost of $150 plus the cost of the components to be installed (custom cables and canopies).
Other types of more complex customizations such as very large canopies with many lights, can be performed on request. In that case, the cost will be estimated based on the complexity of the work to be performed and the cost of the components required.
17. What is a ceiling canopy?
A ceiling (or wall canopy) canopy is a round metal plate that is supplied with the light fixture and covers the junction box in the ceiling (or wall). The junction box is where all the electrical wires are housed.
18. What kind of cable can I have installed on my lights?
Unless otherwise indicated, the lights are supplied with a standard light-gray(01) or ivory-white(02) fabric covered cable. Depending on the model. The types of cables available are: Light gray fabric. Ivory white fabric. White fabric. Black fabric. Silver metal mesh. Copper metal mesh. Transparent plastic. White plastic. Black plastic.
19. What metal finishes are available for the hardware?
White, Black, Chrome
20. Can the mounting options be customized?
Yes. In most cases, we can modify our hardware to suit a range of installation needs.
21. Can I use the pendant fixtures on a track system?
Yes. We can adapt our fixtures with track adapters that you provide and the OAL (overall length) of the drop that you require. This is considered customization and will incur additional charges (see FAQ#16). Please call us at (323)475-9394 in California, or email us at email@example.com for pricing and ordering assistance.
22. How do I determine the length of the drop of the stem?
This depends on several factors: your ceiling height and where the fixture will hang, for example over a table or counter. All stem-mounted fixtures are made to order. The information we need is the OAL the OVERALL LENGTH. To determine this simply measure the distance from the ceiling to where you would like the bottom of the fixture to be. We will do the math there is no need to subtract diffuser measurements.
23. Is there a recommended height above a table for the pendant?
Yes. The recommended height above a table is 36". Any height between 32 "and 38" is still considered correct.
24. Can additional lighting hardware be ordered separately?
Yes. Under special circumstances.
25. What voltage does your lighting accept?
Our lights accept Line Voltage (110-120) the standard electrical voltage in the United States.
26. What kind of bulbs do you recommend?
We suggest using only LED bulbs for our products. All of our products are tested to run on low power. The power of the bulbs installed on our lights must never exceed the maximum Watts indicated in the product specifications.
27. Can I install the fixture myself?
Installing or hard-wiring our light fixtures is quite straightforward and requires only basic electrical knowledge however, we recommend using a qualified electrician to install our light fixtures.